Des Moines Area Family Law Attorney

I am Des Moines area lawyer Debra Hockett-Clark and I have exclusively devoted my Hockett-Clark Law Office practice to divorce and family law matters for more than 20 years. I will listen carefully to your situation, identifying your unique issues and help you put together a legal strategy designed to help you reach your goals.

I provide a free initial consultation to all of my family law clients. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 to schedule an appointment to discuss your situation.

Dedicated Representation In All Family Legal Matters

Family law matters are all that I handle, including issues involving:

Divorce: I handle all matters arising out of divorce proceedings, including custody, visitation, support and property division.

Spousal support: As part of my comprehensive legal services, I will evaluate your situation to help determine whether alimony or spousal support should be ordered.

Child support: I can help you resolve any issues related to child support, reviewing proposed child support orders for compliance with evolving support guidelines in Iowa.

Child custody: I can help you put custody arrangements in place that help promote the best interests of your children.

Visitation and parenting plans: I feel that it is important for parents to maintain a meaningful role in the lives of their children, which is why I help couples reach a visitation agreement that everyone can live with.

Asset and debt division: Property division is often one of the most contentious issues in any divorce case. I will work hard to ensure that the distribution of assets and debts is carried out equitably.

Modifications: If your situation has changed significantly since your divorce agreement was filed, I can help you seek a modification to the terms of a custody, visitation or support order.

Contempt: If your ex is refusing to comply with your divorce agreement or if you have been accused of not following the terms of your agreement, I can help with contempt actions.

Collaborative law: Traditional litigation, which makes couples adversaries in court, is not the only way to reach a divorce agreement. I am a trained collaborative law attorney who can use mediation and other forms of alternative dispute resolution to help you reach a more amicable compromise.

Paternity: In order to establish the right to receive child support or to assert your parental rights, it may be necessary to establish the paternity of a child. I can help represent parties on either side of this issue.

I understand how difficult it is to end a marriage and I am well-versed in the five stages of grief in the divorce process. No matter what type of issue you are facing, you can rely on me to handle your matter with compassion and understanding.

Contact The Hockett-Clark Law Office For Help With Child Support And Other Family Legal Matters

For help with child support and other family law issues, speak with me. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 to set up a free initial consultation. For your convenience, all major credit cards are accepted.