Contempt Of Court After Divorce

The terms of a child custody, child support or spousal support agreement are legally binding. If one party fails to adhere to the terms or conditions of an agreement, he or she may be held in contempt by the court. If your ex is not honoring a visitation agreement or has fallen behind on support payments, it is important to seek advice from an experienced attorney. It is also important to get skilled legal representation if your ex is threatening you with a contempt action.

I am Des Moines area lawyer Debra Hockett-Clark. I have more than 20 years of experience handling cases involving contempt of court after a divorce and other family law issues. You can rest assured that I will work hard to protect your interests regardless of which side of the dispute you are on. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 for a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.

Enforcing Court Orders In Iowa

Failure or refusal to pay child support or spousal support, or failing to abide by the terms of a child custody agreement, needs to be taken seriously. The court has broad authority to force people to comply with the terms of a divorce agreement. Wage garnishment may be ordered if support payments are not being made. In more serious cases a person may even face the possibility of a jail sentence for being in contempt of court.

I will work hard to help you and your ex reach an understanding so that the terms of your agreement are clear and are followed. However, if going to court is the only option you can rely on me to zealously protect your interests.

Contact The Hockett-Clark Law Office

If you are running into issues regarding your divorce decree, it is important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 to schedule a free initial consultation. For your convenience, all major credit cards are accepted.