Des Moines Area Lawyer For Family Law Modifications

Your family and your life are constantly changing. It is impossible for your life to stay exactly as it was at the time of your divorce decree or other court order. The law is designed to help account for these changes. A party may petition the court to modify a divorce agreement or court order if a significant change in circumstances makes the order unfair or unrealistic. It is important to have an experienced lawyer on your side to help guide you through this process.

I am Des Moines area attorney Debra Hockett-Clark. I have been handling family law issues in Iowa for more than 20 years. I represent clients on either side of a modification proceeding in matters involving custody, visitation and support payment. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 for a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.

Changes That May Require An Order To Be Modified

There are a number of different changes that may necessitate the modification of a divorce decree or court order, including:

  • The loss of a job
  • A promotion or job transfer resulting in an increase/decrease in income or a new shift
  • A request to relocate, whether for employment purposes or to be closer to family
  • Health concerns that make it difficult to care for children
  • Concerns of substance or domestic abuse in the custodial or noncustodial home

There is a specific process that must be followed in order to successfully modify a support, custody or visitation order. The process can be complex and confusing, but I can serve as your legal guide and help you resolve issues quickly and cost-effectively.

Contact The Hockett-Clark Law Office

Whether you are seeking a modification or are wishing to stop an ex from changing the terms of your agreement, I can help. Contact me online or call 515-650-4608 to schedule a free initial consultation. For your convenience, all major credit cards are accepted.